The second generation LUCAS™2 builds upon the well-proven LUCAS™1 technology, with a change of driving source from pneumatic to electric. LUCAS™2 operates for 45 minutes on the latest battery technology (with no test-cycles or reconditioning required) and may also be connected to and operated from electricity wall outlets or car outlets. The battery is neatly integrated in the hood, making LUCAS™2 a lightweight and compact device to store and carry.
Features & Benefits
- 100 compressions per minute with a depth of 4-5 cm.
- 50/50 duty cycle, for compression and decompression.
- Complete chest recoil before next compression. Tireless – minimizing “no-flow” time.
- The same quality for all patients and over time, independent of transport conditions, rescuer fatigue, or variability in experience level of the caregiver.
- Can be applied within seconds and is designed to minimize interruptions of manual CPR during application.
- Frees up caregivers to focus on other life-saving tasks; ventilation, medication, defibrillation as well as decision making on continued care and therapy.
- Small and lightweight Back Plate facilitates application in confined spaces.
- Two compression modes; 30:2 mode or a continuous mode with ventilation alerts.
- Quieter operation than Lucas 1.
- Allows access to patient's chest to place defibrillation pads.
- Smart Restart function allows for an immediate resumption of compression after change of Battery as it remembers the patient settings during 60 seconds.